Join us by earning your Certified Process Consultant credential through the PCT 101 course today!
This concentrated, 6-week cohort is scheduled for April 3, 2023 - May 8, 2023 with each session taking place from 1:00pm-3:00pm CST on Mondays. The cost of the course includes one year of Society for Process Consulting membership, and you will receive an email with your membership login instructions after registering for the course.
- Are you currently a consultant looking to grow your practice, or new to the field and want to start a consulting practice?
- Do you prefer to help clients transform through a meaningful process and humble inquiry instead of a set product?
- Are you interested in furthering your professional development as a consultant?
If your answer to any one of those questions is "yes," then PCT 101 is for you!
PCT 101 Course Description
PCT 101 is the first course of its kind that combines the tenets of process consulting as a vocation with the practical lessons of starting and/or building a consulting business. The course is a student-centered, inquiry-based cooperative learning experience with a group of peers, facilitated by Arlen Vernava, Senior Consultant at Design Group International.
At the end of the course, each participant will be equipped to earn the Certified Process Consultant™ credential based on their knowledge of process consulting and development of a viable business plan.
- Session 1 – April 3, Understanding the Iterative Process
- Sessions 2 and 3 – April 10, Understanding the Consultative Pipeline, Pricing and Negotiating a Consulting Agreement
- Sessions 4 and 5 – April 17, Building Your Network for Long-term Success, Maintaining Brand Standards
- Sessions 6-8 – April 24, Discovering Your Personal Brand, Using Social Media as a Business Builder, Filling Your Pipeline
- Sessions 9 and 10 – May 1, Working Under a Specific Consulting Platform, Discovering the Consultative Ecosystem
- Sessions 11 and 12 – May 8, Ensuring Authenticity, Continuous Learning, Continuous Improvement, Planning Your Next Six Months
Each participant will actively engage through discovery, reading, reflection, group discussion, personal assignments and mentoring. Coursework is managed through the Society Membership portal with conference calls and video conferencing hosted by the course facilitator. Two individual mentoring sessions with the facilitator are also included, via phone or video conferencing.
We look forward to seeing you in PCT 101!
Questions about the Society?
Email [email protected] or call 1-877-771-3330 ext. 2.
About the Facilitator
Arlen Vernava, EPC, is a Professional Transition Specialist, Coach, and Strategic Interim Minister. A Senior Consultant at Design Group International, Arlen walks alongside clients through coaching, and helps non-for-profit organizations, communities of faith, and individual leaders affirm and live into their vocation during times of change and transition. He believes generous hospitality, respectful communality, and glad collaboration are heart habits that support this life-giving work. He's been practicing this way of being and doing since he was ordained in 1985, and has consulted professionally since 1998. For over ten years, Arlen has taught and helped shape curriculum as faculty and education team lead for the Interim Ministry Network, a leader in preparing interfaith leaders to serve well during change and transition. He looks forward to creating you in this new year.
Read more about Arlen here.