Join us by earning your Certified Process Consultant credential through the PCT 101 course today!
This concentrated, 6-week cohort is scheduled for January 11 - February 22, 2024 with each session taking place from 8:00am - 10:00am CST on Thursdays. The cost of the course includes one year of Society for Process Consulting membership, and you will receive an email with your membership login instructions after registering for the course.
- Are you currently a consultant looking to grow your practice, or new to the field and want to start a consulting practice?
- Do you prefer to help clients transform through a meaningful process and humble inquiry instead of a set product?
- Are you interested in furthering your professional development as a consultant?
If your answer to any one of those questions is "yes," then PCT 101 is for you!
PCT 101 Course Description
PCT 101 is the first course of its kind that combines the tenets of process consulting as a vocation with the practical lessons of starting and/or building a consulting business. The course is a student-centered, inquiry-based cooperative learning experience with a group of peers, facilitated by Lon L. Swartzentruber, the CEO and Managing Partner of Design Group International.
At the end of the course, each participant will be equipped to earn the Certified Process Consultant™ credential based on their knowledge of process consulting and development of a viable business plan.
- Session 1 – January 11, Understanding the Iterative Process
- Sessions 2 and 3 – January 18, Understanding the Consultative Pipeline, Pricing and Negotiating a Consulting Agreement
- Sessions 4 and 5 – January 25, Building Your Network for Long-term Success, Maintaining Brand Standards
- Sessions 6-8 – February 1, Discovering Your Personal Brand, Using Social Media as a Business Builder, Filling Your Pipeline
- Sessions 9 and 10 – February 15, Working Under a Specific Consulting Platform, Discovering the Consultative Ecosystem
- Sessions 11 and 12 – February 22, Ensuring Authenticity, Continuous Learning, Continuous Improvement, Planning Your Next Six Months
Note: We will not have class on February 8th.
Each participant will actively engage through discovery, reading, reflection, group discussion, personal assignments and mentoring. Coursework is managed through the Society Membership portal with conference calls and video conferencing hosted by the course facilitator. Two individual mentoring sessions with the facilitator are also included, via phone or video conferencing.
We look forward to seeing you in PCT 101!
Questions about the Society?
Email [email protected]
About the Facilitator
Lon L. Swartzentruber is the CEO and Managing Partner of Design Group International. He has more than 25 years of professional experience in strategic planning, coaching, and organizational transformation. As a Process Consultant he has supported the leadership of over 150 Clients and their organizations.
Through this work, Lon has walked alongside organizational leaders to help them articulate their vision. By taking a posture of listening, his service has helped them build consensus, obtain funding, and engage true and lasting change.
Lon earned his B.A. in Business from Goshen College and MBA from George Mason University.
He is a credentialed coach by the International Coach Federation, Executive Process Consultant credentialed by the Society for Process Consulting, and an Accredited Practitioner with iEQ9 Integrative Enneagram.